Tuesday 4 February 2014

All Over Plus

The "Plus" block...

I had seen it before, but it had not really caught my eye until Chelsea, my bee mate and February Queen Bee asked for one.

After I made one, two, three on the week end, I could not get the idea of a "Plus" quilt off my mind, so tonight, I started cutting.  I have enough low volume fabrics cut for about 10 blocks, plus a couple bright prints for the plus signs.


That's not counting the two that I made at the end of my little cutting session.  Could not leave the room without spending some quality time at the machine.


Needless to say, I am enjoying this project immensely.  And needless to say, none of my neglected WIPs are being worked on...

Wanna see great examples of "Plus" quilts? have a look at Adrianne's and Rachel's versions.

Hope you are working on a fabulous project that excites you!


Linking up to the Needle and Thread Network for WIP Wednesday. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, these are gorgeous, Dominique! Love the mix of low volume fabrics with the bright "plus" fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! More blocks I want to make! And you've got me thinking about ordering low volume fat quarter collections on-line. Good thing I'm not fabric fasting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pluses. I've been wanting to try it myself, so this inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. Love your Plus quilt project :)
    My blog is on Wordpress which is a no reply blogger by default. Will try to resolve the issue.
    smiles
    leena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plus quilt is fantastic! You know I'm a fan of the crosses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I think our creative energy just needs to be used...even for short, fun bursts. Then, we are ready to get back to disciplined things such as our WIP pile :o)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! I love reading all the comments and do my best to respond, (though sometimes, life gets in the way).