Wednesday 23 July 2014

Two personalized pillows

Today, I have two finishes to share!


The pillows were for twins and I had to fight the urge to do matching ones.  At first, I contemplated similar patterns in different colours, then similar colours in different patterns.  I am glad I resisted.

Hard to tell which one is my favourite.  This palette is really unusual for me, but I love it.   It was inspired by that Kaffe Fasset floral fabric, which I had been hoarding forever.  It felt good to actually cut into it and use it already!  I really loved the process practicing those different quilting stitches.


The second one... Probably my favourite colour scheme of the moment.  The quilt-as-you go method made quick work of both the piecing and quilting, but the result is still interesting.


The backs have Velcro closures, and whatever embellishment I had on hand.



Here is the final shot:



Two pillows with different personalities.  Just like their new owners!

Linking up to Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, as always! I'm sure these twinnies will appreciate their unique gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so pretty/ lucky recipients! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew glad you fought the urge to match. These pillows are each equally gorgeous and are certain to be a delight to the recipients! Both colour schemes are brilliantly chosen. The quilting highlights each design perfectly. Well done, Dominique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillows! They are gorgeous! I think I may practice my free motion quilting on pillows. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! I love reading all the comments and do my best to respond, (though sometimes, life gets in the way).