Monday 4 May 2015

Bee Blocks and an Upcoming Blog Hop

Well, hello!  It's been a while...

There has not been much sewing going on in the last couple months and I barely managed to get a quilt top assembled and a few bee blocks.  Here are my March blocks, Japanese x and + blocks from this tutorial.

Japanese X and + Blocks

The requirement was to make two blocks but since I was almost a month late, I thought I should throw in a couple extras.  Truth be told, I used mostly unloved fabrics for the upper left block - it was meant to be a test block.  But since I mistakenly used a much loved AMH print, so I could not just let it go to waste, now, could I?

And here is the April block.  It's a simple herringbone block, made from this tutorial. When I saw the palette of greens, teals and deep pinks, I did not think choosing fabric was going to be an issue, but it turned out to be quite the challenge.  Looks like I need to shop for fabric!  Anyhoo, I managed to figure something out, but a right after I finished it, I realized the Queen Bee really does not like batiks... Hmmmm  I guess a little more work is needed!

Herringbone Block

As for the finished quilt top... I will save it for a future post, maybe when the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild's blog hop stops right here on May 12!  In the meantime, I encourage you to visit some of my wonderful guild mates' blogs and see what the Maritime Modern Quilters are all about!




Monday, May 4 - Maritime Modern Quilt Guild 
Tuesday, May 5 - Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge
Wednesday, May 6 - Adrienne @ Chezzetcook Modern Quilts
Thursday, May 7 - Tracy @ Quilting on the Dark Side
Friday, May 8 - Anja @ Anja Quilts
Saturday, May 9 - Val @ Purple Boots and Pigtails
Sunday, May 10 -  Linda @ Scrapmaster
Monday, May 11 - Jeanette @ Stamp Stitch Create
Tuesday, May 12 - Dominique @ The Running Thimble
Wednesday, May 13 - Aimee @ Candy Coated Quilts

Have fun checking them out and perhaps discovering new blogs that will inspire you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for plugging the hop, Dominique! I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! I love reading all the comments and do my best to respond, (though sometimes, life gets in the way).